[Gluster-devel] two disks on each node.

From: Albert Shih
Subject: [Gluster-devel] two disks on each node.
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:44:18 +0100

Hi all.

On my cluster (for computation) I've 2 disks. One for the / and software
and another for glusterfs.

But on the first disk I've a unused partition (because the disk size is
140Go, and Linux don't eat enought Mo ;-) ).

Until today I've use only the second disk for glusterfs. But If I calculate
the sum of the unused partition for all cluster I've 1.3To. It's lot of
space.

Well now I want use this place too. But I don't see how I can do that.

Of course this two partitions have different size.

Actually I use this kind of configuration :

On node X

        volume nodeX
          type storage/posix
          option directory /_glusterfs
        end-volume
        volume nodeY
          type protocol/client
          option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
          option remote-host ip_address_of_nodeY
          option transport-timeout 30
          option remote-subvolume brick
        end-volume
        volume node....

        end-volume
        etc...

        volume unify
          type cluster/unify
          subvolumes node1....nodeN
           option scheduler nufa
           option nufa.local-volume-name nodeX
           option nufa.limits.min-free-disk 10
           option nufa.refresh-interval 1
          option namespace ns
        end-volume
        volume work
           type performance/write-behind
           option aggregate-size 1MB
           option flush-behind on
           subvolumes unify
        end-volume

As you can see I want use nufa scheduler.

How can I use nufa scheduler with two local disk ? Is that mean anything ?
Maybe the solution is I add

        volume nodeX-bis
           type storage/posix
           option directory my_second_partition