Re: [Gluster-devel] user question : multiple clients concurrent access

From: Onyx
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] user question : multiple clients concurrent access
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:50:59 +0100

Yes. GlusterFS is designed for that.
See this benchmark with 220 clients:
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_1.3.1_-_64_Bricks_Aggregated_I/O_Benchmark

Ionel GARDAIS wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to GlusterFS and it seems like there is no user list.
I've installed a 1server / 1client test platform and it looks good :)
However, I've been through the docs on the website and did not find an answer to my question : Is it possible to have multiple concurrent clients accessing the same storage volume ?

All I can find is a 1 server / 1 client or a mutliple servers / 1 client procedure. No statement on a 1+ server / N clients mounting all servers w/ cluster/unify.

Any help appreciated,
Thanks,
Ionel