[Gluster-devel] Always problem with AFR.

From: Albert Shih
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Always problem with AFR.
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:01:54 +0100

Hi all

Well I've some strange problem with AFR.

I've make this config

volume node0-ns
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
  option remote-host node0
  option transport-timeout 30
  option remote-subvolume name-space
end-volume
volume node1-ns
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
  option remote-host node1
  option transport-timeout 30
  option remote-subvolume name-space
end-volume

#
# Definition des namespace via afr
#

volume name-space
  type cluster/afr
  subvolumes node0-ns node1-ns
end-volume

#
# Definition du premier unify
#

volume unify
  type cluster/unify
  subvolumes node1 node2 etc...
  option scheduler nufa
  option nufa.local-volume-name quadri11
  option nufa.limits.min-free-disk 10%
  option namespace name-space
end-volume

Well it's working but the strange thing is

1/ on node0-ns in the directory use by the subvolume name-space everything
is correct. I've the directorys and zero size file for each file created in
the unify volume

2/ on node1-ns in the directory use by the subvolume name-space ONLY the
directorys is replicated. No one the file with zero file.

Event I do a

        find . -type f -exec head -c 1 {} \; >/dev/null

don't fix the problem.

And when I've make node1-ns down I can make any ls in any directory of my
unify volume. But I can acces the data himself.

Thanks for reading me.

--
Albert SHIH
Observatoire de Paris Meudon