Re: [Gluster-devel] What's version

From: Albert Shih
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] What's version
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:19:41 +0100

 Le 18/12/2007 à 09:09:21+0100, Steffen Grunewald a écrit
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 12:06:24AM +0100, Albert Shih wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Me again.
> >
> > I would like to known what's version of glusterfs I must use for
> > production. Actually I use 1.3.2 (because it's this version in Debian
> > package).
>
> What's the location you're getting the package(s) from? I'm keeping
> a local repository for glusterfs and similar stuff (Etch, amd64),
> and might send/publish my latest build.
> (Following the packaging instructions, it's not too hard to make one's
> own packages...)
>
> Is there an "official" Debian maintainer? (If yes, can we get in touch?)

Kamil Srot already answer.

> > You'r advice is to make upgrade or no ?  (I mean for : production).
>
> Certainly, yes. Get the latest fuse, too.
> If you're familiar with SVN^W TLA, you may track the changes, and have
> intermediate versions as well.

I'm not familiar with TLA but with SVN,

My problem is the are many node on my cluster (~30) and in sometime perhaps
more. And It's more easy to use package.

For Fuse you mean fuse by fuse or fuse with Gluster patch (that's the
problem to use package system we become stupid :-(, I event don't known
what package is install when I use aptitude install glusterfs  :-( ).

I see what I can do. (I'm not alone on this server).

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH
Observatoire de Paris Meudon