[Gluster-devel] Feature requests;

From: Gareth Bult
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Feature requests;
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:20:07 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

If these are in TLA, great .. (can someone let me know?) .. otherwise, it would
be really great if we can get the following;

a. Specific stripe change information to enable Stripe to work properly with
AFR
(currently AFR will apparently mirror every stripe during a heal, regardless of
changes)

b. The ability to heal an open file without closing it.
(currently the only way to recover a xen instance running on an image on a
glusterfs, following a node crash/restart, is to restart the xen instance)
(this is a serious issue for xen users)

c. Support for proper sparse-file copying when performing a heal operation on a
sparse stripe.
(at the moment the heal process does not appear to honor the sparse status and
does way more copying than it needs to)

Many thanks,
Gareth.