Re: [Gluster-devel] Patch for "Striped" read from AFR volumes

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Patch for "Striped" read from AFR volumes
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 11:44:56 +0530

It is possible to include Gergo's patch and give it as a feature.
Gergo/Szekelyi are you interested in making this change to the latest TLA source
and test out the results? (because we need to make sure that
we have a test case where the change has advantages)

The change is pretty simple, just see the way afrfdp->rchild is
used to decide on the read() child.

in afr_readv():

  i = afrfdp->rchild;
  if (i == -1 || afrfdp->fdstate[i] == 0) {
    for (i = 0; i < child_count; i++) {
      if (afrfdp->fdstate[i] && pvt->state[i])
        break;
    }
  }
// ADD THESE 4 LINES
  if (i != child_count) {
    /* on the next readv call, readv from next child */
    afrfdp->rchild = (i + 1) % child_count;
  }
  GF_DEBUG (this, "reading from child %d", i);

Regards,
Krishna