Re: [Gluster-devel] Feature request(s)

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Feature request(s)
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 01:11:16 +0530

> Couple of very small points that would be really useful;
>
> a. Could mount.glusterfs be made to take a list of target hosts rather
> than just one?
> (so a machine could successfully mount a glusterfs so long as "a" valid
> node was available, rather than a specific node?)

I see this necessary too. noted it down.

b. Being able to specify the size of an IO cache (and other parameters?) at
> mount time would be really useful for tuning ..

you would want to wait for the meta xlator where such parameters can be
re-configured at runtime with a /proc like interface.

(at the moment it seems to require a glusterfsd restart which typically
> involves (for me) 10's of Gb's of file transfer)

why do you have to restart glusterfsd?

avati

--
If I traveled to the end of the rainbow