Re: [Gluster-devel] how about 1.3.8 and fuse-2.7.2-glfs7 ?

From: Gareth Bult
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] how about 1.3.8 and fuse-2.7.2-glfs7 ?
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:16:49 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

The real problem for me was 1.3.7 bounces like a rubber ball. (machine lock-up
under intensive write)

(incidentally the versioning indicates the fuse patches are against 2.7.2 as
opposed to 2.7.0)
(raw fuse-2.7.2 causes me problems)

glfs7 / gluster TLA is stable for me, however there are one or two *CRITICAL*
bugs which you really need to be aware of if you're going to try using it. The
main issue being that all machines using AFR should use the same node as a
mount point otherwise things will break horribly in the event of breakages /
self-heals. (some people may not consider this critical, however if you have
heart problems I can assure you it is .. ;-)  )

See bug # 21918 (and you may want to be aware of 21917/16 if the system seems
like it's doing more IO than it should)

Gareth.