Re: [Gluster-devel] Confused on AFR, where does it happen client or serv

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Confused on AFR, where does it happen client or server
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 09:54:10 +0530

Brandon,
 who does the copy is decided where the AFR translator is loaded. if you
have AFR loaded on the client side, then the client does the two writes. you
can also have AFR loaded on the server side, and handle server do the
replication. Translators can be loaded anywhere (client or server, anywhere
in the graph). You need to think more on the lines on how you can 'program
glusterfs' rather than how to 'configure glusterfs'.

avati