Re: [Gluster-devel] Confused on AFR, where does it happen client or serv

From: matthew zeier
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Confused on AFR, where does it happen client or server
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:48:50 -0800

Im working on trying to figure out how to do this right now, stumbling
my way through a server config. Using NFS my 2 servers sit at under
0.40 load most of the time, I would rather add extra load to them than
my client machines.

I imagine the server config would look like:

volume local-brick
 type storage/posix
 option directory /mnt/local-brick
end-volume

volume remote-brick
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 10.2.10.100
 option remote-subvolume other-local-brick
end-volume

volume afr1
 type cluster/aft
 subvolumes local-brick remote-brick