Re: [Gluster-devel] max size limit on posix xlator PROOF of CONCEPT patc

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] max size limit on posix xlator PROOF of CONCEPT patch
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:54:18 +0530

Angel,
 Limiting filesystem size by tuning the params of statfs() is not possible.
statfs values are only meant to be a reference to the user, and not limiting
in any ways. So even if you get the tuning right, it will only be reflected
in 'df' output, and the filesystem will actually still be able to grow than
1GB in size.

 What really needs to be done is filtering write() calls and other calls
which create new inodes, This, in my opinion, is best done as a quota
translator, with your requirements being a global quota option.

avati