Re: [Gluster-devel] mysql on glusterfs

From: Jeff Humes
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] mysql on glusterfs
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:39:10 -0600

I finally tested this install:

I could not find it on the link listed in the previous email, so I retrieved it from:
http://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/fuse/fuse-2.7.2glfs8.tar.gz

I upgraded fuse on the client, rebooted:  now cannot start mysql at all.

mountpoint:
glusterfs on /var/lib/mysql type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=1048576)

client config:
address@hidden ~]# cat /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client_knworksmysql.vol
volume client_knworksmysql
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 10.1.2.226
#  option remote-subvolume knworksmysql
 option remote-subvolume posix-locks-knworksmysql
end-volume

volume writebehind
 type performance/write-behind
 option aggregate-size 131072
 subvolumes client_knworksmysql
end-volume

Errors in mysql logs:
080116 21:10:00  mysqld started
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 11
InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process
InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.
080116 21:10:00  InnoDB: Retrying to lock the first data file
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 11
InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process
InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 11
InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process
InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 11
InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process
InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 11

where do I go from here?

Anand Avati wrote:
only on the client.

avati