Re: [Gluster-devel] performance issue

From: Matt Drew
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] performance issue
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:11:56 -0500

The CPU usage issue turned out to be a wrong - I found that someone
else was testing writes as I was working reads and the webserver.
There were no lk() calls in either the debug logs or the trace file
(probably due to locks being disabled while I was tracing).  I've now
removed the locks and io-threads translators on the server.  Current
testing environment:

brick-ns
brick1
brick2
server

brick-ns
brick1
brick2
unify

I've discovered that the server on glusterfs is performing similarly
to an older PPC OS X machine we use for testing.  I'm now searching
for similarities to see if I can identify something in common that
could cause the slowdown.