Re: [Gluster-devel] QUOTA Xlator question

From: Angel
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] QUOTA Xlator question
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 05:14:54 +0100

Hi avati

thanks for your help

- notify works, future plannings on doing "du -chs" like ops on init for
accounting previous run files.

- statfs return correct values forcing scheduler's to choose other nodes on
quota hit

- I can account for data blocks write ops on write_cbk ops.

On unlink my plan is:
        place a call to stat for calculating file size, place
pre_unlink_stat_cbk for return
        on pre_unlink_stat_cbk copy buf->st_size on a calloc'ed *int32_t  and
place it on frame ->local
                and then put a call to unlink downwards for delete file, place
unlink_cbk for return
        on successfull unlink_cbk will account for freed bytes (frame->local)
and return (unwind) for parent.

This is correct for you? im not sure things going like this..

This mostly will allow accounting for regular file data blocks... dirs and
inodes still ahead on the road

Thanks,

Angel