[Gluster-devel] Re:The QUOTA xlator V0.2 codename "dual fire"

From: Angel
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Re:The QUOTA xlator V0.2 codename "dual fire"
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:07:23 +0100

Hi

WARNING: quota is still under development,is not production quality nor yet
accepted by gluster team !!

/* do no use on pord systems yet  */

Use as this:

Currently QUOTA acts as overal 'limit' to all clients and users accesing the
volume.

volume brick
  type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /home/export        # Export this directory
end-volume

### 'Quota' feature should be added on the server side (with posix volume as
subvolume) where it can be used to limit max usage,
on the underlaying block device.
volume quota
  type features/quota
  subvolumes brick
  option max-size 50M   # Limit underlaying volume to 50MB of space
  option enforce-level  # Limit upper schedulers or limit all oprations
(CURRENTLY NOT IMPLEMENTED)
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  subvolumes quota brick
  option transport-type tcp/server
  option auth.ip.brick.allow 192.168.* # Allow access to "brick" volume
  option auth.ip.quota.allow 192.168.* # Allow access to "quota" volume
(exporting 50MB disk space)
end-volume

// Any client will see that volume quota has only 50Mb available whereas brick0
its only constrained to real storage available blocks.

So any module on client will just use as much as 50Mb of space from the sever
where the directory os poisx-brick0 resides.
If you make a df on client you will see Total: 50MB Used:0 Free: 50MB.

If you need quotas on user, use quota facilities of native filesystemn on
server..

Regards, Angel