Re: [Gluster-devel] gluster config for fileserver

From: matthew zeier
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] gluster config for fileserver
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:01:37 -0800

3. you might want to cache static and most frequently served content (like html/jpg files) with io-cache on the client by giving their pattern higher priority.

The actual files are the binary releases of Firefox/Thunderbird/other Mozilla projects as well as all the addons.

I do like the idea of the cache though since the web servers have something like 60GB free space.

Not clear to me what page-size is for or how to tweak priority and force-revalidate-timeout.

volume io-cache
  type performance/io-cache
  option cache-size 64MB             # default is 32MB
  option page-size 1MB               #128KB is default option
  option priority *.h:3,*.html:2,*:1 # default is '*:0'
  option force-revalidate-timeout 2  # default is 1
  subvolumes <x>
end-volume