Re: [Gluster-devel] Re; Bug #21918

From: Gareth Bult
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Re; Bug #21918
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:27:56 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Many thanks .. fyi; I found a way around the self-heal issue for XEN users,
this also leads to a huge performance boost.

I'm running two gluster filesystems (no self heal on either) then running
software raid "inside" the DomU across file images, one on each system.
Read-thruput on the DomU is 95%+ of the speed of the local disk.

(and self-heal is performed by software raid rather than gluster)

Regards,
Gareth.