[Gluster-devel] Direct IO and Async IO

From: Gareth Bult
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Direct IO and Async IO
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:12:25 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm trying to get XEN instances to run on Gluster .. and they run on the
"file:" driver no problems at all.

However I'm being recommended the "tap:aio" driver as the "file:" driver has
many problems with regards to flushing and data loss.

It does appear however that aio:tap does not get on (at all) with Gluster.

The requirements appear to be Direct IO and Async transfers ... can anyone
think of a reason why the XEN driver might not want to talk to Gluster?
(apparently it works fine on other network filesystems such as NFS)

(I've tried mounting the glusterfs with Direct IO enabled and disabled, but it
makes no difference ...)
tia
Gareth.