Re: [Gluster-devel] Debian packages

From: Sam Douglas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Debian packages
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 09:58:15 +1300

On 2/5/08, Albert Shih <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't known when the developper going to make update (I put him in copy
> of this mail), I don't blaim him maybe he've better thing to do in his
> life. But any one known another debian repository ? (for x86_64)

I have a Debian package of the TLA that we build for our cluster
system, it needs a bit of work here and there but if someone wants to
maintain it for Debian or use it as a starting point for their
systems...

It is available at http://voodoo.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~sjd29/cluster-debs/

The source package has the TLA 'stuff' in it, so updating to a later
release isn't too difficult. The binary packages are built for amd64,
but building the packages is easy; just get the
glusterfs_1.3.tla644-waikato0.tar.gz and
glusterfs_1.3.tla644-waikato0.dsc files, then:

$  dpkg-source -x glusterfs_1.3.tla644-waikato0.dsc
[this will extract the source package, allowing you to make changes]

After making changes, doing a TLA update etc. edit the
debian/changelog file, change the version numbers as appropriate (for
your change only, rename the directory if necessary) then do

$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

Which will compile the package and leave you with some new debs.

This source has some local changes to the configure.ac, and
glusterfs-fuse makefile specifically to make it use pkg-config to
locate the Fuse library and compiler options. (A change that should be
present upstream IMO)

There is also a fuse 2.7.2 package in there, but that has not had the
GlusterFS patches applied to it.

You can pretty easily make a Debian repository at your own site for
managing these. The information at
http://people.debian.org/~calvin/unofficial/ is helpful for that.

-- Sam Douglas