Re: [Gluster-devel] gluster diskless boot problem

From: Mickey Mazarick
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] gluster diskless boot problem
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:06:41 -0500

I've actually worked through this problem, but I'm having a new problem which is causing confusion. I've got an initrd that boots and can mount gluster and afr/unify volumes. The problem is the disk performance is very very slow.

When I boot the box normally it is fine but there's something that's causing the connection to lag badly. There are no errors in the client log but even a simple ls takes minutes.

I'm using the latest fuse, tla build, readahead, writebehind, and io-cache translators etc etc. Is there anything you can think of that would cause io to hang for minutes before it starts?

Thanks!
-Mickey Mazarick

Anand Avati wrote:

    Everything looks correct but when I mount the filesystem I get the
    error:
    [fuse-bridge.c:431fuse_entry_cbk] glusterfs-fuse:11

the log message you posted is incomplete. the complete log message will help a lot. also what is the output of

sh# stat /mnt/glusterfs

(if possible before you pivot root into glusterfs)

avati