[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS QA efforts - an initial submission

From: Geoff Kassel
Subject: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS QA efforts - an initial submission
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:04:11 +1000

Hi all,
   I'm starting some QA work on the GlusterFS code base - just using the
open-source tool FlawFinder (http://www.dwheeler.com/flawfinder) for now.
Here's my QA work on the main GlusterFS daemon file, glusterfsd.c - see my
diff at http://glusterfs.pastebin.com/f1437e17b which is applied against TLA
patch-666.

   The changes build - unfortunately, I can't test it, as I haven't had a
version of GlusterFS work properly for me under my Hardened Gentoo systems
since patch-636. (Hence why I'm starting the QA efforts.)

   Please let me know if my code comments and fixes are inappropriate -
especially if I've actually made things worse, security/quality wise.

Kind regards,

Geoff Kassel.