[Gluster-devel] Initial Sync with AFR

From: Neil M.
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Initial Sync with AFR
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:27:06 -0800

First off, like many others I'd like to thank you for making a
clustering system that is actually reasonably easy to setup and use.
I've looked into OCFS2 and GFS and those are just ugly to configure, not
to mention having to repartition drives.

Anyway, what I'm looking to do is create a storage cluster with AFR out
of some data hard drives that I'm already using.  My question is how the
initial sync works, I didn't see anything in the documentation about it.
 If the contents (directory structure) are different on the two drives
do they merge?  Or does one overwrite the other?  What if there isn't
enough disk space?  Or is this a bad idea and I shouldn't even try it?

Neil