Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR between two bricks over 3000 miles

From: nathan
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR between two bricks over 3000 miles
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:39:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Krishna Srinivas wrote:

Hi Nathan,

We have committed code in afr for write() call, i.e afr returns as soon
as it finds out that one of the writes have succeeded. But we can not
do this for all calls, imagine for open() call there are chances that
we can get write() call and open() has not yet been done on one of
the subvols. We are planning for a new translator called "optimist"
translator which handles these kind of complications when trying
to do the calls in background.

You could see if the change to write() call has improved performance
in your case.

We have not set a timeline for the new translator yet.

Thanks! So is the ability to have two sites that are over 500 miles apart planed to be supported? I will test out the new code and let you know.

-Nathan