Re: [Gluster-devel] Some gluster questions

From: Reinis Rozitis
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Some gluster questions
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:03:07 +0300

You could either completely avoid the client/server thing and directly have the cluster and posix translators on the client side (under fuse), or you could use transport/unix to avoid tcp on local machines.

Thanks for the quick response and it works just as expected..

Just another question - if I mount now all the volumes localy this way skipping the glusterfsd can I also start glusterfsd and export the volume to be mounted on remote clients? Basically - can the the bricks and namespace be mounted/reused by more than one 'glusterfs(d)' instance or it will conflict and thrash the the filesystem if clients acess files different ways?

Or even more - can an exported brick (posix filesystem as a bulk diskspace) be a part of different storages eg in one setup it is part of afr in other part of unify? (this is just a theoretical question to clarify how weird can gluster be "programmed" and still remain consistent)

rr