Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR between two bricks over 3000 miles

From: nathan
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR between two bricks over 3000 miles
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 10:54:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Krishna Srinivas wrote:

Ah, OK. Code wise the change will be same to handle both the cases i.e
slow link and the delay due to distance. This should be handled in future,
but immediately we wont be able to fix it.

Bandwidth is so cost effective now days I am not worried about slow links. I can't however with any amount of money speed up the speed of light in a glass fiber. : ) I understand their is not immediate fix, however do you have any rough estimates? Are we talking weeks, months or years?

<>
Nathan Stratton
nathan at robotics.net
http://www.robotics.net