[Gluster-devel] Unify and AFR?

From: Adam Stiles
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Unify and AFR?
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:59:05 -0700

I've been reading the wiki and pouring over the mailing list archives
but haven't found the answer to some GlusterFS questions.

I need a distributed filesystem that presents a unified mount point
and supports some arbitrary number of bricks (sounds like unify). We
may start with ten storage bricks and may scale to 50 or so.
Additionally, we need to store two replicas of each file (sounds like
AFR). Does GlusterFS support the use of AFR and unify when there are
more bricks than replicas? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Next step for me will be to setup a demo cluster using this setup,
probably using Amazon EC2. Thanks,

Adam