Re: [Gluster-devel] Question about Glusterfs

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Question about Glusterfs
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:19:56 +0530

Antonio,

Adding to what Amar has said...

It is better to have unify in all the clients for better performance.
I think you are worried about maintenance of spec file in all the clients,
check the -s -P options to glusterfs client, using which you can
specify the server from which the client should fetch the spec
file. On the server you can specify the path to client spec file
(which will be fetched by clients by -s -P option) using
"option client-volume-filename <path/filename>" So you can
define the client spec at a single place for all the clients
(assuming all the clients should have the same spec file)

Regards
Krishna