Re: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.8pre5 glusterfsd WARNING message

From: Daniel Maher
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.8pre5 glusterfsd WARNING message
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:55:58 +0200

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:22:35 +0530 "Krishna Srinivas"
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> you don't need unify/namespace for your setup here, you can
> directly export gfs-ds-afr from the server which can be mounted
> on the client. Can you paste your client spec? if you are connecting
> the client to the server which goes down then client mount point
> becomes inaccesible, in which case you need to setup DNS
> round robin which will connect to the next server after which
> the mount point becomes accessible.

Round robin DNS is already set up :
[dfsA]# grep "remote-host" glusterfs-client.vol
  option remote-host cluster.storage-net.gfs      # RRDNS

[dfsA]# host cluster.storage-net.gfs
cluster.storage-net.gfs has address 10.0.0.40
cluster.storage-net.gfs has address 10.0.0.41

A graphical overview of the test network :
http://tinypic.info/files/xhvyldlesd8igvjt8yl1.png

The server configuration : http://pastebin.ca/967749
The client configuration : http://pastebin.ca/967754

See also my previous email :
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2008-04/msg00010.html

> This can answer your question to your other mail that was sent just
> now.

If my setup is wrong (re: "you don't need unify/namespace for your
setup"), then the example at the wiki is also wrong, since i followed
it exactly :
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_1.3_High_Availability_Storage_with_GlusterFS

How, then, should my configuration (and the wiki) be changed ?

--
Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe.net>