Re: [Gluster-devel] two-node HA cluster failover test - failed again :(

From: Daniel Maher
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] two-node HA cluster failover test - failed again :(
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 15:07:28 +0200

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:19:49 +0530 Vikas Gorur <address@hidden>
wrote:

> This is definitely something GlusterFS is designed to handle. I've
> set up this configuration in our lab and am looking into it.

Excellent !

> Specifically, on dfsC you should have
>
>   subvolumes gfs-dfsD-ds gfs-ds
>
> and on dfsD you should have
>
>   subvolumes gfs-ds gfs-dfsC-ds
>
> Is this the case? If not, failover will not work.

Yes, this is the case.  For the sake of completeness, the server
configs are as follows :
dfsC : http://pastebin.ca/978276
dfsD : http://pastebin.ca/967749

And the client config :
dfsA : http://pastebin.ca/967754

Thank you all for your emails and interest in my test case.  I would
really like to use GlusterFS, since (on paper) it seems to have
everything we want for our current and upcoming projects.  Hopefully we
can find a simple solution to the problem !

--
Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe.net>