Re: [Gluster-devel] Does gluster suit my need?

From: Gareth Bult
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Does gluster suit my need?
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:47:35 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I've not done anything with GlusterHPC, but from a storage point of view, if
your storage is already centralised, I'm not sure there's a lot to be gained by
using GlusterFS ... ??

Technically, if you have local storage on each node then GlusterFS/Unify is a
useful solution, but the performance overhead compared to local storeage can be
notable.

Gareth.