Re: [Gluster-devel] Local vs unify

From: Gareth Bult
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Local vs unify
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:28:23 +0100 (BST)

>You're way off the mark here. You're inferring that it isn't production
>ready from it seemingly being unable to do what _you_ want for _your_ use
>case. As I pointed out in the other thread, for your use case, there are
>more appropriate tools for the job.

Sorry, maybe it's my use of English .. I was inferring that it is advertised as
production ready, hence either some of the issues I'm seeing should not exist,
or, as a production ready system, they are issues worth considering ...

>> Is this not a typical open sourced project model, release a free product
>> and feed the free testing results back into the commercial model?

>IMO, it _is_ a typical OSS model. If you want to contribute, you are free
>to do so. If you don't want to contribute, it is still free for you to
>use. I'm not sure I understand what you are implying the problem to be.

Sorry, you are not understanding my English.

"Is this not" is a semi-rhetorical question.
it means "this is .."

Gareth.