Re: [Gluster-devel] FUSE 2.7.3?

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] FUSE 2.7.3?
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:46:27 -0400 (EDT)

The nfs-kernel-server only seems to have the ESTALE issue with idle clients cd'ed into the GlusterFS. I have not encountered any other issue with nfs-kernel-server in recent GlusterFS builds.

However, the ESTALE issue is a bit of a showstopper, so I also test with Unfs3 user-mode NFS. It doesn't have the ESTALE issue, but it does have the rm issue (also a showstopper), exactly as described in the discussion thread which led to the FUSE patch.

The last version I tested was from the April 3 TLA archive, however.

Thanks,

Brent

PS There were earlier rm -rf issues which affected both kernel-nfs and Unfs3 that did get fixed, but this one still persists (unless it was fixed after April 3).