RE: [Gluster-devel] Which subvolume comes first?

From: Christopher Hawkins
Subject: RE: [Gluster-devel] Which subvolume comes first?
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 06:01:30 -0400

> >  The client likes server-b. Is this always true, or how does that
> > decision  get made?
>
> The subvol specified first in the list is the first. There is
> no other decision logic. How did you conclude your client
> likes server-b? :)
>
> Krishna

How did I conclude? Incorrectly!  :-)  Actually I believe I noticed that
when I was doing my initial round of tests and still had IP failover going
on. At first, when I failed server-a there was no hang, but when I failed
server-b there was an unrecoverable hang. So I thought the client must have
been reading from server-b. But there must have been something else going on
that caused my odd result. Perhaps server-a was having a problem and the
client connected to server-b out of necessity... It was not something I
tested thoroughly, just a quick observation.

Thanks!