Re: [Gluster-devel] New wiki page for 2 server afr, client side afr

From: Daniel Maher
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] New wiki page for 2 server afr, client side afr
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 18:12:43 +0200

On Fri, 2 May 2008 08:51:22 -0700 "Brandon Lamb"
<address@hidden> wrote:

> A note on RRDNS, maybe my understanding is incorrect, can anyone
> comment?

From the wiki page i wrote today :
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/High-availability_storage_using_server-side_AFR

"The client configuration is very simple and, in fact, identical on
each client. It is in this configuration where the RRDNS hostname comes
into play - the remote-host is, in this case, defined as
cluster.storagenet.gfs. When the Gluster client process does a lookup
on cluster, it will store both responses in its cache, then randomly
choose one to actually use. If the server becomes inaccessible, the
Gluster client will wait for the period of time defined by
transport-timeout, then automatically attempt to use the other response
in the cache. See this thread from the Gluster mailing list for more
information."

The thread noted above links here :
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2008-04/msg00007.html

And, yes, it works.  I have tested it thoroughly. :)  I would heavily
suggest reading through the list archives for the month of April for
further details...

--
Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe.net>