Re: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.8 FreeBSD Compilation issues

From: Jordan Mendler
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.8 FreeBSD Compilation issues
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:57:42 -0700

Thanks Amar,

I got it working and the server runs, though I have not been able to test
mounting it yet on Linux. When I try to build glusterfs, it  shows:

checking for fuse_req_interrupt_func in -lfuse... no

GlusterFS configure summary
===========================
Fuse client        : no
Infiniband verbs   : no
epoll IO multiplex : no

I suspect this is why I am not being able to get a client installed. Do you
have any suggestions of things I might try to get a client working on
FreeBSD? The two fuse packages installed the following files, but I still
can not get the client to work.

address@hidden /tmp/glusterfs-1.3.8]# pkg_info -L fusefs-libs-2.7.2_1
Information for fusefs-libs-2.7.2_1:

Files:
/usr/local/include/fuse/fuse.h
/usr/local/include/fuse/fuse_compat.h
/usr/local/include/fuse/fuse_common.h
/usr/local/include/fuse/fuse_common_compat.h
/usr/local/include/fuse/fuse_lowlevel.h
/usr/local/include/fuse/fuse_lowlevel_compat.h
/usr/local/include/fuse/fuse_opt.h
/usr/local/include/fuse/fuse_kernel.h
/usr/local/include/fuse.h
/usr/local/include/ulockmgr.h
/usr/local/lib/libfuse.a
/usr/local/lib/libfuse.la
/usr/local/lib/libfuse.so
/usr/local/lib/libfuse.so.2
/usr/local/lib/libulockmgr.la
/usr/local/lib/libulockmgr.a
/usr/local/lib/libulockmgr.so
/usr/local/lib/libulockmgr.so.1
/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/fuse.pc
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/libs/how-fuse-works
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/libs/kernel.txt

address@hidden /tmp/glusterfs-1.3.8]# pkg_info -L
fusefs-kmod-0.3.9.p1.20080208_1
Information for fusefs-kmod-0.3.9.p1.20080208_1:

Files:
/usr/local/man/man8/mount_fusefs.8.gz
/usr/local/modules/fuse.ko
/usr/local/sbin/mount_fusefs
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/doc.text
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/Faq.html
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/Implementation.html
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/Quickstart.html
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/article.css
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/deplate-mini.png
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/deplate.css
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/doc.html
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/heading-navbar.css
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/home-grey.png
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/mailto.png
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/next-grey.png
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/prev-grey.png
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/remote.png
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/serif.css
/usr/local/share/doc/fusefs/kmod/html/tabbar-right.css
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/fusefs

Is there a path issue or something you would suggest trying to get gluster
to recognize fuse and install the client? Also, if these will be effected by
the patches that were committed, is there a particular snapshot that you
think would both include this and likely be stable for production use?

Thanks so much,
Jordan