Re: [Gluster-devel] trusted.glusterfs.version xattr

From: Derek Price
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] trusted.glusterfs.version xattr
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 14:04:05 -0400

Martin Fick wrote:
I think this would work as well as the scheme I was
proposing, assuming you are also updating all child version numbers on the move of a parent.

Why would that be needed?

Never mind, I thought that, using your algorithm, it was possible to create files in two different directories with identical version numbers, then move the directories around to swap the paths of the files with the same version number, but as I tried to come up with an example, I discovered that it looks like it isn't possible, starting with an empty file system.

Derek
--
Derek R. Price
Solutions Architect