[Gluster-devel] writeable mmaps working in -mm patch set

From: Mickey Mazarick
Subject: [Gluster-devel] writeable mmaps working in -mm patch set
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 04:47:55 -0400

Just a note fuse writable mmap support is in the -mm patch set for kernel 2.6.26-rc2.
It runs like a champ too!

For the very lazy here's how you dl and patch the kernel:

cd /usr/src
wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.26-rc2.tar.gz
wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.26-rc2/2.6.26-rc2-mm1/2.6.26-rc2-mm1.bz2
bunzip2 2.6.26-rc2-mm1.bz2
tar -xzf linux-2.6.26-rc2.tar.gz
cd linux-2.6.26-rc2
patch -p1 < ../2.6.26-rc2-mm1
make menuconfig
make
make modules
make modules_install
make install

This is the fuse that comes with the 2.6.26 kernel. Can anyone tell me the functional difference between the fuse built into the kernel and the one you can download separately? I know about the gluster patches, I just was wondering how hard it would be to apply those patches to the mmap-supported kernel modules from the 6.26 tree.

Thanks!

-Mic