Re: [Gluster-devel] Glusterfs and Xen

From: nathan
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Glusterfs and Xen
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 19:48:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 27 May 2008, Amar S. Tumballi wrote:

Hi Nathan,
We will soon get back to you on this issue.

Thanks! Does it make sense to run xen ontop of glusterfs? I don't want to shove a square peg in a round hole. I am a bit concerned that tap:aio is not supported since everything I read says xen files are a bad idea and that you should use tap:aio. Is DRBD a better fit if you just are looking for mirroring?

If DRBD is a better option and later we want to use unify, does it ever make sense to run unify on DRBD rather then unify on afr?

-Nathan