[Gluster-devel] Locking Problem with Openoffice and Firefox ?

From: Michael Niehren
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Locking Problem with Openoffice and Firefox ?
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:13:09 +0200

Hi glusterusers,

i have problems with openoffice on saving a text file and always get
permission error's. Also the start of firefox needs a long time and i got the
same errors in the glusterfs.log.

I've tried with and without posix-locks as mentioned in other posts, but still
have the error. In the log on the client i only see the following:
  E [fuse-bridge.c:2361:fuse_setlk_cbk] glusterfs-fuse: 10830: ERR => -1 (38)

I don't find any error in my config, maybe someone could help.

Here is my Config:

Server
------
volume homes
  type storage/posix
  option directory /home
end-volume

volume home_locks
  type features/posix-locks
  option mandatory on
  subvolumes homes
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  subvolumes home_locks
  option transport-type tcp/server # For TCP/IP transport
  option auth.ip.homes.allow 192.168.70.20
end-volume

Client
------
volume client
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 192.168.70.2
  option remote-subvolume homes
end-volume

I am using CentOS V5.1 with fuse-2.7.3glfs10, glusterfs-1.3.9, working in an
xen-environment, mounting /home with glusterfs and Authorisation with NIS.
The system is the same on the Client and Server, both have CentOS-Kernel
2.6.18-53.1.21.el5xen.

Thanks for your help (hopefully)
  Michael

--
Michael Niehren              __   _       powered by