Re: [Gluster-devel] Debian package for glusterfs 1.3.9

From: AndreMachado
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Debian package for glusterfs 1.3.9
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:18:21 -0700

Hello,
Thanks for the message.
Sorry for my english. It is not my native language.
My previous msg was not clear enough.
The PkgSplit [0] page was cited not because of generating 2 binaries (as it
is not the case anymore),
but because of the extensive *bibliography* and the many advanced package
hints and explanations,
useful for all Debian packaging efforts.

I will create a set of patches following the contributors page [1] and
using [2] as a model.
But I need to know the intended behaviour of gluster init.d script, as it
is not fully compliant
with LSB at its present form.
Maybe there is an obscure bug at some LSB distro implementation and the
script tries to work around.
If such case, a specific distro bug report should be submitted and the
script explicitly comment about it,
waiting a future bug correction then assuming its correct compliant form.
Maybe it is a  non LSB compliant behaviour of glusterfsd. I do not know.
So, what devs want to accomplish with the script that could not be done
with a fully LSB compliant simpler script?

Was the Mr Cedric's patch [4] generate from the [3] or [5]?
Should new patches be generated from [4] or from [3] or from [5]?
Regards.
Andre Felipe

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/PkgSplit
[1]
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Contributors_FAQ#How_to_submit_a_patch.3F
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2008-01/msg00330.html
[3] http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-glusterfs/
[4] http://smashweb.com/glusterfs/
[5]
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_1.3_Installing_from_Debian_Packages

--
A Debian user never dies. Issues a last command:
#shutdown -h now