[Gluster-devel] glusterfs_1.4.0qa19: small issues

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs_1.4.0qa19: small issues
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 17:30:43 -0400 (EDT)

I've just started testing the new branch. So far, it's working and stable, but I'm testing it with rsync, local-to-GlusterFS and GlusterFS-to-GlusterFS, which is failing to set the destination mtimes to match the origin.

Also, I just tried a cp -a, which gives lots of complaints:
cp -a /usr cp0
cp: setting permissions for `cp0/share/linux-sound-base': No such file or directory cp: setting permissions for `cp0/share/bug/libmagic1': No such file or directory cp: setting permissions for `cp0/share/bug/apt': No such file or directory cp: setting permissions for `cp0/share/bug/grub': No such file or directory

But, when I check, those directories do exist.

My test setup is a 4-node, 4-exports-per-node unified AFR, with AFRed namespace. Each export is its own glusterfsd process. No performance translators on the client, with io-threads (8) and posix-locks on the servers. The client is using read-subvolume, where appropriate. I'm just using standard FUSE 2.7.2 at the moment.

Thanks,

Brent

PS I really appreciate the focus on metadata performance in the latest branch, and would be interested in any tips or patches to further boost the metadata performance (high-speed file creation and lookups). I do wonder if BDB would be effective for namespace, as someone asked in a previous post.