Re: [Gluster-devel] Questions about BDB storage translator

From: Kevan Benson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Questions about BDB storage translator
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:46:15 -0700

Anand Babu Periasamy wrote:
We ideally want to separate out wild card matching into a separate
switch-case translator. That way every translator gets this feature
and our design still remains elegant.

Current switch-case will be re-written with a new design.

Yeah, I mentioned I thought it would be ideal for this situation. Can I put my request in here to have the switch translator operate on most (if not all) the information that would be available in a stat(2) call? I understand it might not be as simple as actually calling stat as the file might not exist yet, but some really useful storage location determinations can be made from that information. E.g. size, block size, UID, GID, mode.

--

-Kevan Benson
-A-1 Networks