Re: [Gluster-devel] Exporting filesystems 1 per server port

From: John Marshall
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Exporting filesystems 1 per server port
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:31:10 +0000

Amar S. Tumballi wrote:
Each filesystem?

if you mean to split up multiple export directories into separate 'glusterfs' process, yes, thats surely do-able, and actually is tested to give a better performance than having a single process exporting more than 2 volumes.

Hope this thread helps you

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2008-03/msg00042.html

Good info.

One of the difficulties I have had when firing up multiple glusterfsd
servers is in identifying what each is serving (of course, on the server
side). Is there a simple way to determine this? E.g., to get info like:
   pid      port   exporting
   1234     7000   /mnt/xyz
   2001     7001   /mnt/abc

I checked out the /proc fs to see if there was any information that
might help, but I could not find any.

Being able to do this would make it a lot easier to administer a bunch
of running glusterfsd processes without mistakenly taking down access
to an operational filesystem served by a glusterfs server.

Thanks,
John