Re: [Gluster-devel] Exporting filesystems 1 per server port

From: John Marshall
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Exporting filesystems 1 per server port
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:55:15 +0000

David Mayr - Hetzner Online AG wrote:
[...]
One of the difficulties I have had when firing up multiple glusterfsd
servers is in identifying what each is serving (of course, on the server
side). Is there a simple way to determine this? E.g., to get info like:
    pid      port   exporting
    1234     7000   /mnt/xyz
    2001     7001   /mnt/abc

Try "lsof -i"
Hi,

That is a useful tool but
1) it does not help to identify the exported filesystem
2) lsof does not report anything when using the SDP transport

Perhaps I would extend the desired info to be:
   pid   transport   port   exporting
   1234  tcp         7000   /mnt/xyz
   2001  ib-sdp      7001   /mnt/abc

Ideally, this would all be wrapped up in a glusterfs tool which
may or may not do stuff like lsof. I suspect that glusterfs would
be able to do things more simply because it knows "stuff" that a
mishmash of other tools would not.

John