[Gluster-devel] Shared, writable mmap support for FUSE module?

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Shared, writable mmap support for FUSE module?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:04:21 -0400 (EDT)

Mike Machuidel posted a modified FUSE package to the list back on 2007/5/27 for shared, writable mmap support, based on Miklos Szeredi's series of patches at http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/2/27/293. Unfortunately, the URL Mike posted is no longer available. Does anyone have the patches, or has anyone successfully done the same thing? The Miklos patches make changes to the kernel as well as FUSE, which I'd really like to avoid, if possible (somehow, Mike succeeded in using his stock Ubuntu Feisty kernel).

The Miklos patches have since been integrated into the 2.6.26 kernel, but I can't currently use that with OpenVZ (and I'd much prefer to stick with my distribution kernel, anyway). With an Ubuntu VM running on top of a GlusterFS in OpenVZ, I presently run into the same problem Mike did, which is that apt-get fails, due to the lack of shared, writable mmap support in FUSE. He got it working, though, whereas I'm going through torture trying to get a subset of the 22 Miklos patches to work...

Thanks,

Brent