Re: [Gluster-devel] Busybox and Glusterfs

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Busybox and Glusterfs
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:57:53 -0700

Short answer is Not yet.

GlusterFS is relatively easy to fit in an embedded environment. Particularly
server side doesn't even need fuse. BusyBox against glibc should work
seamlessly.
uClibc may have issues. If you find any issues with uClibc and if you find
uClibc
is compelling enough, we can take a look at it. In my opinion, storage server
environment will have enough resources to use glibc.

We are also planning to release an embedded image of GlusterFS with NFS and
Samba
re-export after 1.4 release.

--
Anand Babu Periasamy
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31

address@hidden wrote:
Hi Guys,

I would like to know if anyone has tried and successfully used busybox with a Glusterfs in server mode?