Re: [Gluster-devel] Booster Translator not working on client.

From: Amar S. Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Booster Translator not working on client.
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:56:47 -0700

Hi Rohan,
 I am aware of the issue, I could reproduce the same locally. Currently the
idea of booster was to eliminate whole layered stack including fuse, and
talk to server volume directly from client application. With the booster in
1.3.x releases, there are some limitations like its not so well performing
for small files, and the LD_PRELOAD is supposed to be used with processes,
which does mostly largefile operations.

 We came up with a better design for booster, which doesn't need any
translator, but will just have a LD_PRELOAD'able shared object. And it
should work fine with stripe/afr too.

Regards,
Amar