[Gluster-devel] Upgrade planning

From: Martin Fick
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Upgrade planning
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:05:48 -0700 (PDT)

I am considering building several clients which will potentially each mount
shares from different servers.  Are there any organizational steps that I can
take to plan for potentially non uniform server upgrades and incompatible
glusterfs protocols?

In other words, suppose I have client foo which mounts two shares, one from
server A and one from B.  These shares are not connected in any way, they will
simply get mounted each on separate mount points.  The only thing shared is the
client glusterfs executable that mounts them.  If servers A & B and client foo
are on glusterfs version X, is there a way that I can upgrade server B to an
incompatible (to version X) version Y and still be able to mount shares from A
& B on client foo?

Thanks,

-Martin