[Gluster-devel] Gluster update | need your support

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Gluster update | need your support
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 02:39:06 -0700

Dear Members,
Even though Gluster team is growing at a steady phase, our aggressive
development
schedule out phases our resources. We need to expand and also maintain a 1:1
developer /
QA engineer ratio. Our major development focus in the next 8 months will be
towards:

 * Large scale regression tests (24/7/365)
 * Web based monitoring and management
 * Hot upgrade/add/remove of storage nodes
 * Gluster Embedded Storage Operating System ( GESOS )
 * and of course more translators: snapshot, dedup, compression, encryption..

In a month, we will also open up a 100TB Infiniband and GigE based clustered storage for community evaluation/testing.

We are in the middle of raising a venture capital investment. We need
testimonials,
use-cases and active references. It will be a phenomenal help, if you all help
us cross this bridge.

How can you help:
* Add yourself to the "Who's using GlusterFS page":
  http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Who%27s_using_GlusterFS

* Provide testimonials:
  http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_Testimonials

* Volunteer as a reference for venture capital technical due-diligence:
  Please write to Anand Babu <address@hidden> your name, email and phone number.
  We promise, your information will be kept strictly confidential.

Thanks in advance,
Happy Hacking!
--
Gluster Team