Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR write speed, ouch!

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR write speed, ouch!
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:47:13 -0400 (EDT)

I assume you're using the newly reworked AFR in the 1.4 branch?

The write-behind translator (on the client, at least) and the "o-direct on" option of storage/posix seem to bring speeds back to something near the old speeds. When I tried, they weren't quite stable, but I haven't tried with the new TLAs from the last week (the last TLA I tried was when the dht translator was just introduced). Last I heard, though, the new AFR still needs a cleanup before it's considered stable.

Thanks,

Brent Nelson
Director of Computing
Dept. of Physics